AMDF Support Services
Do you or a family member suffer from mitochondrial disease (mito)?
Whether you have been living with mito for some time, have just been diagnosed or are in the process of trying to find a diagnosis – the AMDF is here to support you.
By registering as a member of Mito Connect, you can ‘meet’ (virtually and in person) others who are affected by this horrible disease. As well as funding research and education, AMDF’s major role is to support the mito community, provide information and act as a patient advocate.
We know that having mito can be an isolating and stressful experience. We hope that by connecting you with other patients and their families, and providing support services, we can make it a little easier.
Members of Mito Connect will:
- Receive a welcome phone call from the AMDF
- Receive the Mito Community edition of the AMDF eNewsletter every two months. The eNewsletter is packed full of the latest news about research into mito, support, education, and fundraising and awareness raising activities.
- Be invited to join the AMDF Mitochondrial Disease Patient Registry
- Have access to the AMDF Facebook group (an online support forum)
- Be alerted when support groups are arranged in your area
- Be invited to information and support days in your capital city
- Have access to the AMDF Support Network
- Be invited to join Mito Connect Calls
- Be encouraged to provide feedback on the AMDF and its work
Registering as a member of Mito Connect is free and is easy to do – simply click on the button below.
AMDF is always keen to receive feedback, please contact us with suggestions about how we can improve our support services for you, and the mito community.